Convert your favourite online fiction into a convenient ebook!
Enter a link to the story in the box above, select the file type you want for the ebook, and hit Get. See the About page for a list of supported sites.
Omnibuser 1.1 Release Notes
Update 1.1 is finally ready, which means lots of new features and improvements! Thanks to everyone who has been using the site so far, and especially thank you to everyone who has given feedback. Please keep the feedback coming - with so many changes this update there are bound to be bugs I didn't catch.
- EPUB Support
- Embedded image support - All embedded images in forum-based stories will now be included. To avoid huge file sizes, all images are converted to jpg and compressed
- Cover images - The author's avatar pic will be used where available, otherwise a placeholder
- Stories are no longer cached - Stories will be scraped fresh whenever they are requested
- Reader mode - On Sufficient Velocity and SpaceBattles, reader mode will be used to scrape stories, speeding things up greatly
- Get only recent chapters - Users can now get just the most recent chapters of a story. Once you're up to date on a story, it should be more convenient to use this feature to get any new chapters
- CSS added to ebooks - Ebooks will now be styled to look like the site they were published on
- Correct handling for forum-specific formatting - Spoiler boxes, quote boxes, coloured text, transparent text, embedded videos - this should all be handled sensibly
- Table of contents and nav-links
Bugfixes & Tweaks
- Forums: The first post will always be included as the first chapter, even if it is not threadmarked
- Forums: Except when getting recent chapters, chapters are now ordered according to the threadmark order (defined by the author), instead of date
- Forums: Questionable Questing works now, except for forums that require an account to access
- File names are generally improved - fewer underscores, inclusion of accented characters
- Building large pdfs should no longer crash the entire server
- Better handling of concurrency